Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Happy Harvest by Jean Fischer


This puffy Precious Moments board book  "Happy Harvest" written by Jean Fischer will endear children to the delights of fall.

Most appropriate for kids ages 0-5, this book highlights Autumn activities: going to school, apple picking, Thanksgiving, football, camping, hayrides, etc. Each page spread covers 1-3 fall treasures. For example, one page spread includes Campfire and Roasting Marshmallows. Under each of those headings is a short rhyme written by Fischer or attributed to another poet. Each page spread includes a Bible verse that fits well with the pages’ theme, and of course, each page is decorated with Sam Butcher’s soft, sweet, happy illustrations of children, animals, families, and more.  

I was surprised by and happy with the number of pages in this book. Halfway through, I thought to myself I’m only halfway through? This book is thorough and delightful. Read in summer, it will heighten kids’ anticipation for the season, and read in fall, it will show kids all of the fun activities that the season brings.

I recommend this book to others.


The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book through BookSneeze®. I was not required to write a positive review.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment