Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Saffire by Sigmund Brouwer

I think that lovers of fiction will get into this book. I normally stray away from fiction, but this book had such a strong promotion that I figured I'd give it a try. 

The protagonist, James Holt, is a likable, believeable guy. He is from th Dakotas but is sent on a mission to Panama during the time when the Panama Canal is being constructed. 

Like me any engaging work of fiction, this plot includes mystery and romance. Personally I found the story hard to stay engaged with, but I think that if readers are avid readers of fiction and have a propensity for learning about the history surrounding th Panama Canal that they will enjoy the story. 

The story is well written, and Brouwer cleverly ends his chapters with revelations that make readers wanting more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment