Thursday, April 19, 2018

I Can Only Imagine by Bart Millard



One of the neatest aspects of “I Can Only Imagine: A Friendship with Jesus Now and Forever” by Bart Millard and illustrated by Sumiti Collina is that it’s written by the singer of the hit song!

Geared toward kids ages 3-8, this book offers lots to think about. Questions arise such as will there be pancakes in heaven? Forts? Ice cream? Does God have a pet? The author asks the questions and leaves the answer to the imagination. Lots of opportunities exist for parents and kids to talk about possibilities of heaven as they read this book together. The book is full of rhymes which makes it fun for kids learning to read.

This book is a good length. Often, story books are too short, but this one keeps going for a meaningful and worthwhile read. The last page sums up the purpose/tone of the book nicely: “I can only imagine what my eyes will see when we’re walking together – Jesus and me. I can only imagine . . .”

The illustrations are span the full spread on each page and are clear, bold, colorful, happy, and engaging!


The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book through BookSneeze®. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment