Friday, October 13, 2017

The Christmas Code by O.S. Hawkins


“In the midst of all the busyness of this season, the celebrations, the shopping, the lights, the decorations, the parties, and all the other tinsel, trappings, and trimmings, Advent offers a time of spiritual preparation” (4).

This pamphlet devotional, The Christmas Code: Daily Devotions Celebrating the Advent Season by O.S. Hawkins, takes readers day-by-day through December 1-25.

I picked up this book because I’ve thoroughly enjoyed two of Hawkins’ other books: The Daniel Code and The James Code. Hawkins writes with clarity and insight.

This book would make a great gift: stick it in a stocking, pass it out to a person you encounter while Christmas shopping, or slip it in an envelope and send it in the mail.

Each daily devotional includes a title, a verse, a devotion, a code word, and a prayer.

The code word is my favorite part. The code word for December 17 is Access. Throughout the day, as I remember the word Access, I’ll be reminded of the access we have to Jesus because he was born in a manger—not a palace.

I recommend this book to others.

The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book through BookSneeze®. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment