Monday, June 20, 2016

"School Time Blessings" by Mike Berenstain


“School Time Blessings” by Mike Berenstain teaches children about casting their anxieties on the Lord.

I recently cuddled up on the couch with my four-year-old niece, and we read stories. We started with “No Girls Allowed” by Stan and Jan Berenstain – a Berenstain Bear book from my childhood. After that book, we read “School Time Blessings.”

I find that the first generation of Berenstain Bear books focus on having a thorough storyline, and the new books focus on applying a spiritual insight. Both are good.

“School Time Blessings” seems to have more spiritual references than some of Mike Berenstain’s other books do. When we came to the first mention of God, my niece asked, “are these Sabbath books?” That made me smile. I’m glad that Mike Berenstain has made his books “Living Lights” stories. I quietly told my niece that we can read about God any day, and we finished the story.

“School Time Blessings” offers everything Mike Berenstain’s other books do – vibrant illustrations, a Bear Country lesson, and a kid-friendly story. I recommend this book to others.


The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book through BookSneeze®. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment