Friday, May 6, 2016

Unstuffed: Decluttering Your Home, Mind, & Soul


Unstuffed: Decluttering Your Home, Mind, & Soul by Ruth Soukup is a well-organized, relatable, friendly book about just what the title claims it is.

Soukup divides her tips into three categories: Home, Mind, and Soul. Within each she covers topics such as battling the storage advertisements, how to declutter despite kids, how to graciously refuse or discard gifts, and decluttering schedules, relationships, and leisure.

Recently I’ve read a few books on the topic of minimalizing, and what I enjoyed about Soukups is how she organized it and how she gave good, practical ideas. Some books about minimalizing/decluttering dive too deeply into the depths of common sense. Of course they all must scratch the surface—but Soukup did a good job of teaching her readers some practical strategies for living more intentionally. I don’t have kids, but if I ever do, I’ll probably find myself rereading the chapter about kids. Soupkup gracefully addresses issues that most women face, and she encourages us to be the best versions of ourselves we can be.

I recommend this book to other readers.


The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book through BookSneeze®. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment